Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Capacity Planning
Complementary to MRP, capacity planning looks at work order operations and the times set in process routes, along with job operations, to provide an analysis of detailed work centre activity. This forecasting tool enables you to view the loading of your production processes. Typically these would be machine or labour resources. The system assumes infinite capacity, so it does not impose changes to smooth loading, which may crucially affect customer commitments. Instead it provides a powerful graphical environment in which you can see where the bottlenecks occur and can move orders interactively to obtain the desired result.
- Infinite capacity planning provides for a kit-to listing, work centre loading charts (with pegging) and make-to listings.
- Option for work order scheduling to include MRP forecast orders up to a selected date.
- Analysis can be by work centre or department.
- Interactive windowing and work order re-scheduling.
- An advanced feature is provided to work interactively with other capacity scheduling applications such as the Preactor product family of finite scheduling and APS (Advanced Planning and Scheduling) tools.