Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Data Views
A Data View is a Caliach Vision definition of a way of collecting a particular set of data. A Data View design can then be used to collect data for a screen listing, report or Graph simply by calling it by name. The results of running a Data View can be stored and referenced at a later date, so can facilitate comparisons over time.
- A Data View design is stored in a portable text structure (XML).
- A design can use standard serach dialogs, custom user searches and/or specific search definitions to collect main data.
- Data can be collected forward or backwards and for a limited number of records.
- Up to 3 joins can be made to related file data records, and these can optionally be outer-joins.
- Supports Listjoins, a special many-to-many relationship in collecting data.
- A final limiting search can further restrict data included in the results.
- Full range or sorting and subtotalling is available for summary data.
- The results set can be topped and tailed to give the top or botom sub-set.
- Special programmable features can be applied.
- Results can be cached either for performance or archiving reasons. Historical cached results can be used for data comparisons.
- Designs can have User and Group security controls applied.
- Designs can be uploaded to the Caliach Web site or downloaded from a repository of tried and tested designs.