Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: External Document Linking
A comprehensive integrated link framework is provided, allowing a wide range of external document types to be linked to all internal master records, and most transactional records. This enables users to link and access additional data such as Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings, quality plans, customer letters, pictures or web pages with a single click from a related record within the database. The framework is also available in open source with an Application Programmers Interface (API), to allow configuration of custom interfaces with proprietary object standards such as ActiveX.
- Links can be made to documents created using applications complying with the Microsoft Object Linking and Embedding (OLE2) protocol, such as stored Microsoft Word or Excel files.
- Supports standard document types such as jpeg, pcx, html, mpg, gif etc.
- ActiveX plug-in components, e.g. Adobe Acrobat, can be embedded to view appropriate data.
- External programs such as proprietary CAD viewers are opened automatically to view drawings or other linked files.
- Web pages can be linked for browsing, invoking a standard web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Functions on user's navigator can have external links to support access to business proceedure documents.