Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Jobs and Estimating
The Jobs and Estimating feature in Caliach Vision provides an alternative to Sales and Work Orders as well as providing a work and product estimating tool. Jobs can be thought of as Sales Orders with process operations. Jobs are appropriate for ad-hoc sales of undefined manufactured items, repair work, or whole projects. They are particularly useful to jobbing-type businesses. This powerful and flexible system dramatically extends the sales administration options and integrates fully with invoicing, accounts, scheduling and planning functions.
- Comprehensive multi-currency job and estimate processing.
- An estimate can be converted into a job.
- Drag-and-drop and copy feature makes estimates and jobs easy to create.
- Three alternative types of delivery and invoice addressing.
- Part, non-part and operation line items are permitted with provision for extensive descriptive text.
- Lines are both costed and priced so that margins and performance can be measured.
- Multi-level issue kitting with shortage control.
- Product serial numbering and tracking on issue.
- Prices, discounts, VAT sales tax and quick-payment discounts can be amended individually.
- Sales Order configuration for sales staff assembly generation.
- Estimate and job acknowledgements may contain engineering data text and graphics.
- Order preparation history for parts.
- Parts and non-part items can be issued to and returned from a job.
- Job working on operation lines can be flexibly recorded.
- Invoicing can be either general or replicate the job line items.
- Stage payments can be made as a proportion of job sales value.
- Jobs remain on file after being completed and closed.
- Multiple issues of a single line item are possible with kit shortage item control.
- An estimate or job can be converted automatically into an assembly, bill of materials and process route.
- Jobs, having been completed can be re-opened.
- Real-time automatic integration to account receivable and general ledger.
- Documents can be emailed direct to the customer.