Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Keyword Search
This unique and powerful feature is much like an integrated Internet search engine for master data within the system. When choosing a part, customer, supplier, marketing contact or general ledger account, instead of typing in the code you can type a * or ? and a word or part of a word. The system will then return the record that contains that word or, if there is more than one, present you with a list of all those that match. The performance of this feature is outstanding. For instance, you may want to find all customers where the word York occurs somewhere in the address. Type ?york anywhere you would normally enter a customer code and almost instantly a list will pop up of all customers with words starting with york, such as York, Yorkshire, Yorktown, etc.
- Works for parts, customers, suppliers, additional addresses, engineering data, marketing contacts, serial numbers and general ledger accounts.
- You can customise the keyword engine to limit results and exclude common words.
- Words are keyed on any fields within master files such as descriptions, addresses and other texts. Keywords are stored on record creation and removed on deletion. The keyword data can be rebuilt at any time.
- A search can be initiated anywhere in the system where a master record selection is made.
- Search options include: specific word, all words "beginning with . . ." and "sounds-like . . ." words.
- Multiple search options can be combined for complex result sets. For example, Find all parts containing words that sound like "switch" but excluding those containing the word "toggle".
- A selection of search results can be used for reporting and listing or to load the scratchpads.