Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Material Requirement Planning
MRP is the scheduling tool that juggles supply with demand and produces a forecast of inventory movements. All parts and assemblies have a lead time and when combined with the BoM and a number of planning variables, this enables the system to generate a three-dimensional view of inventory use - parts x quantity x time. The system can then make recommendations on re-supply and when to manufacture products in the right quantity. When tooling use is part of the inventory, the recommendations will provide visibility of calibration timescales to critical tools and test equipment to be used in future production. Running under a fully MRPII compliant environment can dramatically improve production performance and reduce inventory costs while progressing your business towards achieving just-in-time production.
- MRP recommends new orders, changes in order due dates, and order cancellation.
- Purchase and assembly lead times can be globally updated based on history.
- Option for MRP demand to include stock re-order levels, sales orders, quotations and production plan items.
- MRP processing can ignore the dependent demand on bulk-issue items and can have optional time buckets, from one day upwards.
- Potential sub-contract requirements can be treated as in-house work for capacity planning purposes.
- Scheduling of purchase kit orders, with kit component planning controls.
- MRP can be run with a delayed start, automatic report printing and terminal program exit to protect security. The process can then be run out of business hours, or in parallel with normal business activity.
- Results can assign ABC codes to parts automatically.
- Results can be reviewed by part number, date, adjustment code or reference, including primary supplier code.
- A fuzzy pegging feature enables you to identify sources of demand to understand recommendations.
- Results can generate purchase and work orders automatically.