Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Sales Orders and Dispatch
Sales management in a multi-currency fast moving trading environment is a key component of manufacturing business success. Caliach Vision provides a wealth of features that ensure you get the best from your sales activity with minimum administration. From quotations to invoicing, the system is both flexible and rigorous, ensuring maximum performance and professionalism. Accurate sales commitment information is the key source of demand for production planning and efficient scheduling.
- Comprehensive multi-currency sales order processing.
- A quotation can be converted into a sales order.
- Drag-and-drop and copy feature makes sales orders easy to create.
- Three alternative types of delivery and invoice addressing.
- Both part and non-part line items are permitted with provision for extensive descriptive text.
- Cash and dispatch sales orders can be prepared providing for factory shop sales.
- Multi-level sales order dispatch kitting with shortage control.
- Product serial numbering and tracking on dispatch.
- Prices, discounts, VAT sales tax and quick-payment discounts can be amended individually on the order.
- Quotation validity dates allow for sales quote specific timescales and progress reporting.
- Sales order configuration for sales staff assembly generation.
- Quotations and sales order acknowledgements may contain engineering data text and graphics.
- Order preparation history for parts.
- Dispatch potential selective reviews.
- Available-to-sell review including available-from-family analysis.
- Cash-before-delivery invoices (also known as pro-forma invoices).
- Bonding of inventory to sales orders manages consignment sales.
- Shipping load management allows organisation and dispatch of items by shipping load number instead of by sales order.
- Sales and purchase tax system accommodates complex tax regimes where compound taxes are required, for example North America, as well as European style VAT regimes.
- Comprehensive sales commissioned agents system with automatic accrual and posting of direct commissions, as well as "pool" commissions for sophisticated incentive schemes.
- Commission can be calculated on sales values, margin or cost.
- Quick-pay discount days are variable by sales order for maximum flexibility.
- Incoterms trading codes are supported.
- Multi-level projected stock analysis for demand, enables fast order-available-date assessments.
- Multiple dispatches of a single line item are possible with kit shortage item control.
- Invoices automatically generated on dispatch or consolidated later.
- Customer returns generate credit notes with backorder control.
- Customer returns offer multiple transaction options, and additions to credit notes for handling charges.
- Real-time automatic integration to account receivable and general ledger.
- Documents can be emailed direct to the customer.
- Consolidated quotations, bookings and billings reporting allows easy sales performance analysis.
- Both current and standard costs are recorded with sales history, for accurate margin analysis.