Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Serial Numbering and Tracking
A full serial numbering system is provided for those who need to track individual machines or assemblies. Additionally, this feature may be used to control the calibration records of test equipment and tooling. An end product can have a hierarchical serial number structure where sub-assemblies and lower-level components can be defined to be part of a serial number tree. Serial number tracking can be used to manage servicing.
- Serial number structures can be maintained during BoM maintenance.
- Serial number records can be maintained linking a serial number, part, customer and dispatch together.
- Serial numbers can be assigned on purchase order receipt, work order kit issue, work order receipt, job issue, and sales dispatch.
- Serial numbered products and tracking records can be linked to specific addresses and contacts.
- Specification and service history can be recorded.
- Product serial numbering on dispatch can be mandatory.
- Invoices and credit notes will reflect associated serial number records.
- Tracking records including time can be maintained, making it suitable for rental services and other repetitive activities such as re-calibration.
- Serial numbered products on temporary loan can be tracked by expected return date.