Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Custom Features Utility
A separate open-code application, complete with basic Caliach Vision open source classes enables a suitably qualified system manager or programmer to design reports and or full feature extensions for Caliach Vision.
- Requires the development version of the 4GL programming tools, normally provided with each Caliach Vision site license.
- Provides a library of custom features that ensures version update independence.
- Standard stationery reports, such as orders, invoices, etc. can be customised.
- Custom reports and search criteria can be designed and introduced as special user reports.
- Custom reports can be added to the lists of standard reports available in print report windows.
- The user can incorporate custom functions into the application. These can extend to data manipulation and analysis features without losing upgrade support for the program.
- A full data file structure dictionary is provided along with open copies of stationery report classes.
- Additional custom hooks are available to provide for low-level custom features making in-process program modification possible.
- Fully integrated with the powerful change management system.
Custom features built in to the open-code application include: -
- Metal bushing calculator option for metals engineering industry.
- Purchase order transport system for the tracking of purchase order items by sea and air.
- Stock lengths database for the maintenance of detailed inventory records for items of length significance.
- A bespoke data file synchronizer plug-in that can be used to migrate and synchronize master data between multiple business data files.
- A bespoke import feature that loads sales orders from Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) data received from customers.
- A bespoke shopfloor data collection interface that receives employee activity data from a barcode handset instrument.