Click on a thumbnail image to view a full-size screenshot. Click on return to go back to the feature index diagram.
Parts master | Bills of material | Process routes | Product costing & pricing | Quality assurance | Engineering data & controls | Marketing | Customers & suppliers | Customer parts | Purchase parts | Sales orders | Jobs & estimating | Sales document configurator | Purchase orders | Work orders & shopfloor | Inventory | Serial numbering & tracking | Batch traceability | Workflow automation | External document linking
Other Pages of Interest
As with all industry specialisations, terminology is very specific. Whilst most terms are universal in their meaning, many can have a different meaning to different people, especially amongst Management Consultants and Accountants. Within these documents Caliach reserves the right to put its own definition on terms. For the avoidance of any doubt, you should test and explore the operation of the Caliach Vision ERP itself, using our demonstration software, to establish whether your definition of a term matches ours.
Try our Demo ERP Software and Tutorial
Caliach Vision Features: Work Orders and Shopfloor
Manufacturing production is managed through work orders. A work order is an instruction to manufacture a batch of an assembly. Associated with this is a kit of parts or materials drawn from the assembly's BoM, as well as a set of manufacturing instructions drawn from the assembly's process route. The combination of this information defines precisely how the assembly is made.
- Normal work orders are kitted into work in progress, manufactured and recorded as complete.
- Components, tooling and raw materials are allocated when a normal work order is created.
- Work orders can be backflushed where material usage is recorded after production is complete.
- Printed work orders show all route instructions and can also show a graphic and kit list.
- Process Route operations are mapped to Orders and alternative operations can be set and changed while WO is in production.
- Outwork subcontract operations are supported for processing on purchase orders.
- Work order available-to-kit reviews and kit picking lists are available.
- Order preparation history can be recorded.
- Kit issue confirmation automatically logs shortages. Users are warned during subsequent receipts of shortage items that they are short and where they are needed.
- Extra items can be issued to work orders and included in subsequent cost analysis.
- Kits can be returned to stock if orders are cancelled at a later stage.
- Work orders can be created, printed and kitted in batch mode directly from MRP recommendations.
- A complete set of work orders can be auto-generated from a sales order for M-T-O environments.
- Work orders can be partially kitted for a given quantity of the parent.
- Assemblies can be costed against actual material, outwork and labour consumed.
- Shortage Analysis can list supplier and purchase order information for purchased items and work order details for in-house items, providing an integrated expediting report.
- Shopfloor data can be collected as and when operations are completed.
- Sophisticated barcode-based work tracking can be used to monitor individual worker performance and the system can also record time and attendance.
- History comments can be recorded with work operation records.