Manager controls u0026amp; security
The system manager can access a series of system controls that tailor the operation of the system to the needs of the individual business. Numerous subtle options enable the system to handle the most obscure of business needs or industry demands.
- Extensive system controls and preference options control the system’s operation centrally.
- Maintenance of control data such as index codes, delivery details, employee lists, currencies and countries.
- A system calendar allows the designation of active days separately for manufacturing and purchasing.
- Period system maintenance is limited to archiving unwanted history that can be by age and extent remaining on file.
- Control of system users and groups and their access privileges is provided with intuitive checkbox tree lists for menus and tab panes.
- User passwords can be set to expire after a defined period.
- A system performance test function provides a mechanism for network monitoring.
Caliach provides an integrated import and export feature that enables you to simply and reliably populate your data file with legacy electronic data. You can use this utility routinely to add data prepared in other programs.
- Covers all master information in the Caliach Vision database and some history and process data.
- Exports headers to simplify the preparation of data in spreadsheets.
- Enables rapid transfer of initial information and guarantees data and referential integrity.
- Supports export and import in several file formats.
Caliach Vision offers unique integrated functions that extend the capability of the system and provide powerful tools and utilities for dealing with emergencies, customising, servicing and general maintenance and performance optimisation.
- ODBC external data access management and security.
- Data file archiving, repair, reset, re-indexing, reorganisation and re-sizing functions are available.
- Keyword system option management and rebuild functions.
- A powerful environment designer with stored schemes enables you to customise every aspect of the visual environment with the ability to set fonts, text size, font styles, colours and even 3-D effects. Other tools enable you to redesign icons, and set numerous other environment attributes in your copy of the program.
- A report design tool for customising standard reports.
- A string management system enables you to modify texts used within the program. This includes all messages and responses the system makes to users, embedded data texts and defaults.
- A powerful localisation tool enables you to modify any literal texts that appear on windows, tool tips, menus, reports, etc. This system can even be used to translate the program into another language.
- Caliach ‘ s pioneering change management technology enables you to efficiently manage any program customisation and create and receive program updates and deliver them seamlessly to all uses of the system so that all users are running with consistently maintained versions of the software.
- To provide unrivalled levels of support and program enhancement, Caliach has loaded its feature enhancement and faults database inside the program, so that ideas or problems can be passed to support as easily as possible.
- Caliach regularly issues program maintenance releases in the form of change management system files that need to be downloaded from our support web site. Caliach Vision provides you with a feature to manage these updates automatically over the Internet with a single mouse click.
- Internet upgrade facility includes option to download database of entire wish and feature list.
- A uniquely powerful programmer interface is provided so a runtime user can write, or paste, programs into a window and then run the program. When used in conjunction with Caliach support services, this feature can rapidly resolve complex support issues without the need for on-site assistance.
- You can implement program license enhancements or updates in a simple window.
- Local currency migration feature, to enable business relocation or other new currency adoptions.
Over the years Caliach has found that there are occasions where powerful features are appropriate to use where often they would normally be highly dangerous and not generally provided. Caliach Vision features a number of these of these in a utility accessible only to authorised users.
- Part numbers can be changed and characters in all part numbers can be replaced.
- Facility to change units of measure where all related quantities must be factored.
- Function to delete a part with all associated history.
- Powerful feature to make global changes to general ledger account codes that enables G/L restructuring.
- Direct database writing is provided in the rare event of underlying data errors caused by network or machine failure.
In any type of computer system, the central data file is vulnerable to damage. This can be caused by unprotected server failure, network faults, hardware problems or media failure. There are rare occasions when data file internal structural damage cannot be repaired by normal re-indexing or other repair actions. In such circumstances and where there is no good backup copy available, Caliach data fix technology can be used to create a new data file populated with data recovered from the damaged data file.
- A test function enables you to confirm the extent to which data can be recovered.
- Modifications can be made to skip bad local areas of data to minimise data loss.
- Custom file structures can be accommodated.
A separate open-code application, complete with basic Caliach Vision open source classes enables a suitably qualified system manager or programmer to design reports and or full feature extensions for Caliach Vision.
- Requires the development version of the 4GL programming tools, normally provided with each Caliach Vision site license.
- Provides a library of custom features that ensures version update independence.
- Standard stationery reports, such as orders, invoices, etc. can be customised.
- Custom reports and search criteria can be designed and introduced as special user reports.
- Custom reports can be added to the lists of standard reports available in print report windows.
- The user can incorporate custom functions into the application. These can extend to data manipulation and analysis features without losing upgrade support for the program.
- A full data file structure dictionary is provided along with open copies of stationery report classes.
- Additional custom hooks are available to provide for low-level custom features making in-process program modification possible.
- Fully integrated with the powerful change management system.
Custom features built in to the open-code application include: –
- Metal bushing calculator option for metals engineering industry.
- Purchase order transport system for the tracking of purchase order items by sea and air.
- Stock lengths database for the maintenance of detailed inventory records for items of length significance.
- A bespoke data file synchronizer plug-in that can be used to migrate and synchronize master data between multiple business data files.
- A bespoke import feature that loads sales orders from Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) data received from customers.
- A bespoke shopfloor data collection interface that receives employee activity data from a barcode handset instrument.
Ad hoc graphs
The Ad Hoc Graphs tool allows any data in the system to ba analysed and graphed. Graph designes contain data search and value accumulation rules. ODBC enables other proprietary reporting programs to be used to obtain graph results, such as Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Graphs can be any one of the following major types: 3D, Area, Bars, Lines and Special. Each major type has several alternative minor types.
- Data search can be explicit, through a custom search or the user can be offered a standard search entry window.
- Drag-and-drop from Scratchpads can drive a graph.
- Sort and subtotal control is extensively supported.
- Options are available to substitute literal values, series formatiing and a facility to accomodate custom code for complex post data collection manipulations.
- Group total modes include sum, average, count, minimum, maximum, growth rate, difference value, accumulate value and percent of total.
- Any number of searches can accumulate data from multiple sources and each can be associated with up to three relational joins and a listfile lookup.
- Resulting graphs can be printed with or without data, saved as a picture file (jpeg) or coppied to the clipboard to be used in other programs.
- Graph designs are saved in the database, can have group and user access specified and an import/export feature enables easy transfer between datafiles.
Ad hoc report generator
This tool is an extension to the standard Caliach Vision reports and is available to all users. ODBC enables other proprietary reporting programs to be used, such as Crystal Reports.
- An open systems relational data report design and query tool available from within the main program.
- The query system accommodates advanced data matching, such as contains, like, not like, null and calculated value.
- Up to 9 levels of field sort.
- Reports can be designed for export in a variety of file formats for use with other programs.
- Report designs can be saved on local files and distributed to others across the network.